Ready to test your newly acquired skills? Here’s a quiz to review everything you’ve learned over the past 3 days; answers will be posted tomorrow. Good luck and have fun!
1. What’s a snap?
- That noise you make with your fingers and thumb
- The button thing on your vest
- The exchange of the football from the center to the quarterback
- The exchange of the football from the quarterback to the center
2. What’s a drive?
- A collection of plays that results in the scoring of a touchdown
- A team’s complete collection of plays during one possession of the football
- When a defensive player tackles the quarterback
- The way a team travels from the hotel to the stadium
3. There are 6 players on offense who stay constant, 5 who are interchangeable. Which of the following is a constant on offense?
4. Which of the following is NOT an offensive lineman?
5. What does the phrase “3 and out” mean?
- A team did not convert on it’s first 3 downs and has to punt
- A team has 3 players out on injury
- A team is sending 3 wide receivers running out routes down the field
- A team did not convert on it’s first 3 downs and is kicking a field goal
6. It’s 2nd and 12 at the offenses 30 yard line. Which yard line do they need to reach to earn a first down?
- The 40 yard line
- The 42 yard line
- The 20 yard line
- The 18 yard line
7. A team has 4 chances, called downs, to gain 10 yards. So why wouldn’t most teams run a play on 4th and 1 from their own 20 yard line instead of punting it away?
- It’s against the rules
- They’re going to kick a field goal instead
- They have to punt at least 10 times per game
- They’d be risking turning the ball over to the other team and putting them in scoring position
8. The two sections of defense are:
- The defensive starters and the defensive backups
- The defensive front and the defensive backs
- The defensive offense and the defensive defense
- The defensive red zone and the defensive end zone
9. Which of the following players does NOT play in the defensive front?
10. The single tackle in a 3-4 system is called the:
- The front tackle
- The main tackle
- The nose tackle
- The head tackle
11. The defensive backs are also known as the:
- Quad Unit
12. The defense brings 8 players into the box. What type of play are they anticipating?
- Field Goal
14. Kickoffs occur:
- At the beginning of the first half
- At the beginning of the second half
- After scoring plays
- All of the above
15. It’s 4th and 1. The offense is on the defense’s 20 yard line and decides to kick a field goal instead of going for it. What will the total field goal distance be?
- 2 yards
- 20 yards
- 30 yards
- 37 yards
16. What does it mean to “go for 2″?
- Run a 2-pt scoring play instead of kicking for an extra point
- Run 2 players into the end zone and have both of them score separate touchdowns
- Kick a field goal for 2 points
- Kick an extra point for 2 points
17. When can a team go for 2?
- After an extra point
- After a field goal
- After a touchdown
- After a kickoff
18. If a team is down and needs to get the ball back quickly, what type of kick might they try?
- A kickoff
- An onside kick
- A fair catch kick
- All of the above
20. True or False: You are SO PREPARED to Survive the Super Bowl!