Ok, ladies, here’s the deal: This final exam is a brief one, consisting of only TEN questions! But they are ten questions that, if you know the answers, you’ll know you are well on your way to understanding the basic ins and outs of the game.
So, ANYONE who completes this final and scores with a “passing” grade – 70% or above – will receive a nice little surprise in their mailbox: a congratulations packet for making it this far and encouragement to keep going!
To enter, just leave your answers in the comments section before MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14TH. Answers will be posted on Monday, October 15th! Good luck!!!
1. True or False: Each team plays the other teams in their division twice every season.
2. Where is the red zone?
3. It’s half-time. Your team ended the half with the ball on the other team’s 1-yard line. What happens at the beginning of the next half?
- Your team starts at the 1-yard line at the opposite end of the field
- Your team starts at the same place as when the first half ended
- The other team takes possession and starts at your team’s 1-yard line
- The team that didn’t kick off to begin the game kicks off now and a new drive begins
4. Which of the following actions will NOT stop the play clock?
- A complete pass is thrown
- An incomplete pass is thrown
- A player steps out of bounds
- A penalty is called
5. The offense is facing a “3rd and 9” situation. What does this mean?
- It’s their 3rd down and they have to move the ball one yard for a new set of downs.
- It’s their 3rd down and they have to move the ball nine yards for a new set of downs.
- It’s the 3rd quarter and they have nine downs remaining before time runs out.
- It’s the 3rd quarter and there are nine minutes remaining before the 4th quarter begins.
6. The regular season is how mnay weeks long?
7. If the ball is caught and downed in the offensive team’s endzone by a defensive player during kickoff it’s called a:
8. The imaginary line where the players line up is called:
9. A safety occurs when:
- A player alerts a ref to a penalty on the field
- A player is awarded for being on the receiving end of a unnecessary roughness penalty
- An offensive player is tackled in his own endzone
- A defensive player is tackled in his own endzone
10. How many teams make it to the playoffs?
Leave your answers in the comments section, and come back on Monday for the results!