What to know this week? That in the NFL, no one really knows anything. Thus, this:
- The Dolphins, looking like they could be a playoff threat last week, lose 37-3 to the Titans, who lost 51-20 to the Bears the week before.
- The Patriots win a nail-biter…against the Bills. Final score: 37-31.
- Kickers who never miss…missed. When it counted. And the result was a tie: Rams 24, Niners 24.
- The Giants, who never look great in November but always retain a glimmer of Super Bowl hope throughout, looked particularly ungreat in a 31-13 loss to the Bengals.
- The Jets…are the Jets.
- The Steelers, overwhelmingly favored, had to go into overtime to win against the Chiefs, 16-13.
This is why we love the NFL…you never know what’s going to happen.
(And this is also why I am spectacularly failing in our Pick ‘Em league this year. Unpredictability: 1, Beka: 0.)