Dun dun dun! Answer time. Here are this week’s quiz answers:
1. When do kickoffs occur?
- At the beginning of each quarter
- At the beginning of each new possession
- At the beginning of each half
- At the beginning of the game.
2. After a turnover, the ball is placed:
- At the spot where the turnover occurred
- At mid-field
- On the defense’s 30 yard line
- On the offense’s 30 yard line
3. If the ball is caught and downed in the offense team’s endzone during kickoff it’s called a:
4. What is a “down” in football?
- A penalty
- A flag
- A new possession
- A chance to move the ball
5. The offense is facing a “3rd and 9” situation. What does this mean?
- It’s their 3rd down and they have to move the ball one yard for a new set of downs.
- It’s their 3rd down and they have to move the ball nine yards for a new set of downs.
- It’s the 3rd quarter and they have nine downs remaining before time runs out.
- It’s the 3rd quarter and there are nine minutes remaining before the 4th quarter begins.
6. On 4th down, a team can choose to:
- Kick a Field Goal
- Gain yardage by running a play
- All of the above
7. John Elway is a former quarterback for the:
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
8. The Kansas City Chiefs used to be called the Dallas Texans. Their quarterback for half of the season last year who is now a backup for the Dallas Cowboys. His name is:
- Tony Romo
- Matt Cassel
- Kyle Orton
- Jon Kitna
9. The Oakland Raiders temporarily moved to:
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
10. True or False: The San Diego Chargers have never been to the Super Bowl.